VISUAL & EASY TO USE
read, write and log modbus communication
BUILT-IN modbus data logging
SCROLL BELOW TO THE DOWNLOAD FORM
Perfect for use with all BARANI sensors which use MODBUS protocol to communicate.
Install on any PC and communicate over a COM port or USB Virtual COM port.
Where possible, Modbus configurations have been simplified and error checking and error recovery has been automated.
VISUAL USER INTERFACE
Data is easily viewed via onscreen indicators, readouts, and trending plots.
Configuration files can be saved and loaded so that information does not have to be re-entered.
Values can be data logged to CSV files for analysis, review and processing.
- MODBUS RTU & ASCII data logging.
- It allows you to reliably gather, review, and log data from any sensor or device using Modbus RTU and Modbus ASCII protocols.
- Connect to sensors from any USB Virtual COM port on a PC or your computer's COM port.
- Multiple Modbus channels let you interface with many different Modbus registers. Just specify the device address and register address numbers for each channel.
- Easy to use setup screen – This screen displays only the required Modbus information in an easy to understand format. Use the setup screen to configure what data to log, the data logging interval, the scale factor for each Modbus register, and save the configuration screen to an external file for later use.
- If specified, data is automatically be logged to an external file in .CSV format; a format that can easily be opened and edited using standard spreadsheet programs such as EXCEL. Each log entry is date and time stamped for easy offline review.
- Data is logged in real time so to minimize chances of data loss due to external problems. File names include the date and time the file was created along with optional user specified text.
- New log files are automatically created when the maximum file size is exceeded, allowing the program to gather data for an almost unlimited amount of time without stopping the program.
- Data readouts allow real-time review of Modbus register values. The data grid on the left hand side of the screen shows the user specified name along with its most current value.
- An onscreen data trending graph displays real-time data as it is read from the Modbus slave devices. Zoom into data on the graph using one of the 3 window zoom features. Pan the graph to view the data as it changes. Specify the minimum and maximum axis values and Y Axis titles via the graph options button. Set the graph to automatically pan with time so that the latest data is always visible. Preform all of these functions while the graph updates with the latest data.
CONFIGURE YOUR HARDWARE WITH EASE
- Software enables you to connect and configure your sensors with ease.
- Fully tested and compatible with Barani meteorological sensors.
- Simple Request / Response architecture
- Built in data checks to eliminate false data packets. (checksum)
- Built in data logging.
Use Easy MODBUS Viewer with any of the following communication hardware types with the help of our Universal RS485 Converter Board:
- RS-485 with MODBUS ASCII & RTU
- RS-422 with MODBUS ASCII & RTU
- RS-232 with MODBUS ASCII & RTU
FREE TRIAL OF EASY MODBUS VIEWER
To download a trial version of the Easy MODBUS Viewer software, please fill out the form to the right and press the submit button.
TRIAL SOFTWARE INSTRUCTIONS: After submitting the form, you will be navigated to a download link containing a zip file for the trial version of the program. Unzip the file and run the setup file inside.
TRIAL LIMITATIONS: This trial version of Easy MODBUS Viewer is for evaluation purposes only. The trial version is a full featured version of Easy MODBUS viewer that will automatically close after 10 minutes of runtime. You may re-run the trial version as many times as you like.
GETTING STARTED: Guides and videos to get you started can be found on our help page.
CURRENT SOFTWARE VERSION: Easy MODBUS Viewer 1.5.2 CHANGE LOG: Easy Modbus Viewer changelog.txt
- PC computer with Windows XP, Windows 7, or Windows 8 Operating systems
- Minimum screen resolution 1024 x 768px
- Microsoft .NET framework version 4.0 or later (included on most PCs with Windows XP or later) Free to download.
- PC with a USB port or Serial port. (USB port requires a USB-to-RS485 converter to interface with BARANI sensors)
EASY MODBUS VIEWER SUPPORT FORM
We will reply usually within 48 hours on working days. We thank you for your patience.