INDUSTRIAL TOUGHNESS AND PROVEN RELIABILITY
Frequency, 0-1V, 0-5V, 0-10V, 0-20mA, 4-20mA
RS-232, RS-422, RS485
ULTRA LOW POWER PERFORMANCE
Analog and other digital output formats are available with the addition of our Analog & Digital Universal Sensor Interface boards.
All BARANI sensors use MODBUS protocol to communicate over their digital RS-485 communication interface.
Analog & Digital Universal Sensor Interface Boards
Extend your MODBUS sensor compatibility to analog data logging hardware with these interfaces: Frequency (0-10kHz square wave), 0-1V, 0-5V, 0-10V, 0-20mA, 4-20mA on top of the standard digital industrial interfaces including RS485, RS422, RS232.
- Advanced surge suppression
- Transient protection
- Triple layer lightning protection for outdoor installations
- EMC and ESD protection
AVAILABLE SENSOR OUTPUTS
ANALOG Universal Sensor InterfacE
- Pulse (Square Wave Frequency 0...10kHz)
- 0-1V, 0-5V, 0-10V (user selectable) (20bit resolution)
- 0-20mA & 4-20mA (user selectable) (20bit resolution)
DIGITAL Universal Sensor Interface
- RS-485 with MODBUS ASCII & RTU
- RS-422 with MODBUS ASCII & RTU
- RS-232 with MODBUS ASCII & RTU
AVAILABLE FREE & PAID MODBUS & COM PORT SOFTWARE:
Easy MODBUS Viewer MODBUS RTU & ASCII data logging software. We partnered with Oaks Industrial LLC to offer you this easy to use & reliable MODBUS communication viewer. It allows you to reliably gather, review, and log data from any sensor or device using Modbus RTU and Modbus ASCII protocols.
Modbus Poll by Witte Software - Modbus master simulator designed primarily to help developers of Modbus slave devices or others that want to test and simulate the Modbus protocol.
Hercules SETUP utility by HW group s.r.o - Serial port terminal (COM5 and higher support).
MODBUS ADVANTAGES over other protocols
APPLICATION NOTE: Difference between RS485, RS422, RS232 and interference resistance
- Proven reliability over decades of use in harsh industrial environments.
- Simple Request / Response architecture
- Built in data checks to eliminate false data packets. (Checksum)
ADVANTAGES OF RS-485 FOR SENSOR APPLICATIONS
RS-485 ADVANTAGES over SDI-12
- RS485 sensors are able to achieve much higher data throughput than SDI-12
- RS485 sensors are able to have strong lightning, transient and ESD protection
- Many RS485 sensors can easily be daisy chained together without communication interference and latency problems.
- RS485 sensors can implement industry standard and proven MODBUS protocol designed for robust communication in harsh environments.
- Today's RS485 sensors are able to achieve very low sub-milliampere (mA) power consumption which is critical for wireless weather stations, smart city applications, IoT and other sensor systems.