METEOWIND 2 - 1st Class Anemometer by BARANI DESIGN
METEOWIND 2 - 1st Class Anemometer by BARANI DESIGN
High accuracy anemometer with RS485 output.
Robust and reliable all-metal body anemometer.
Optional RS422 & RS232 or analog output.
1st Class performance. 1st Class robustness.
The only IEC 61400-12-1 MEASNET linearity compliant anemometer with a wind vane on the market. Originally designed for harsh winter environments and dirty road weather station conditions. MeteoWind 2 is the successor to MeteoWind and the original Elliptic Anemometer and features the best of both designs:
- Robustness and reliability of MeteoWind
- Wet & salty winter weather resistance
- 25W heated version for winter
- 5V...24V operation & 2mA...5mA
- Accuracy and linearity of the Elliptic Anemometer for wind resource assessment and power performance studies.
- Exceed MEASNET wind energy standards with a single sensor combining a wind vane and anemometer.
Top of the line accuracy in a combined wind speed and wind direction sensor.
- Durable construction with anodized aluminum and stainless steel
- Low threshold speed, short distance constant and negligible overspeeding
- MEASNET calibration
APPLICATIONS & USE
- Wind energy assessment
- Weather stations (AWS)
- Industrial & dispersion monitoring
- Road weather stations
- Smart cities
RELIABLE AND ACCURATE WIND SPEED & DIRECTION
- Meet linearity standards as set by MEASNET (4-16m/s and 4-20m/s)
- Reliable accuracy 0.05m/s in an all metal housing
- Triple level lightning protection & transient resistance for ultimate reliability.
- High response to changing wind speeds and wind direction.
- High survival wind speed >90m/s (200mph)
SAFETY & RELIABILITY
- Intrinsically safe operation with <5mA power consumption and in-rush protection.
- Triple lightning protection, surge, EMC, transient & ESD resistance for ultimate reliability.
Superb dirt resistance for long service intervals
Proven years of reliability in road weather station systems in highly dusty and dirty environments. MeteoWind anemometer offers superb dirt and dust resistance and long maintenance free intervals.
- Optimized labyrinth for dirt rejection & bearing protection.
- Oversize ball bearings mean long maintenance free time intervals, long lifetimes and high survival wind speeds.
Heated anemometer & wind vane
- Mechanically identical to the unheated version of MeteoWind anemometer and wind vane.
- Offers the same long service intervals and features oversize ball bearings behind an optimized labyrinth.
|COMBINED ANEMOMETER & WIND VANE ACCURACY||Per IEC 61400-12-1 & IEC 61400-12-2: Power performance measurements of wind turbines and on nacelle anemometry.|
|Type||Accuracy||Resolution||Measuring range||Operating range||Distance Constant||MEASNET compliant||WMO compliant|
|Wind Speed||±0.05m/s (typical)||0.01m/s||0...80m/s||
|2.3m @ 5m/s||yes||yes|
|3m @ 5m/s||yes||yes|
|Tilt angle sensitivity||Cosine response, see graph. (for horizontal wind speed measurement)|
All sensors come standard with factory calibration. An independent laboratory calibrated version with certificate per ISO/IEC 17025:2005 or MEASENT/IEC 61400-12-1:2005 is available per request. Calibration provides individual slope and offset values to configure the anemometer or your data logger.
Example MEASNET compliant calibration results:
- Statistical analysis Slope 0.434125 (m/s)/(Hz) ±0.00095 (m/s)/(Hz)
- Offset 0.3054 m/s ±0.020 m/s
- Standard error (Y) 0.025 m/s
- Correlation coefficient 0.999979
|Output signal||RS-485 Modbus RTU & ASCII|
|Supply Voltage||5...15VDC | with reverse polarity protection|
|Power consumption||2mA...5mA @ 5-24VDC|
|Lightning, Surge, EMC protection||EN50081-1 / IEC61000-6-1, IEC61000-6-2, IEC EN 61000-4-5, ESD 15000V (15kV) on both data & power lines|
|Operating temperature||-40°C to +80°C|
|Operating humidity range||0% to 100% RH|
|Survival wind speed||90m/s (324kph, 200mph) continuous|
|Connection||Bayonet connector with NBR o-ring (-40°C to 80°C)|
|IP – Protection rating||IP53W (DIN 40050)|
|SIZE, DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT|
|Anemometer = Ø164mm||Wind Vane = Radius 136mm|
|Total height = 320mm||Anemometer weight = aprox. 250g (without mount)|
|Patented||OHIM 002153882-0001, 002153882-0002, 002153882-0003|
|Mounting||one M8 screw with mounting bracket|
|HEATING & OPTIONS|
|Heater (optional)||25W max. @ 24VDC ( >12VDC is recommended)|
|Heater power||25W (1.1Amp @ 24V)|
MeteoWind anemometer & wind vane technical specifications and dimensional drawings can be found in the data sheet link above.
Instructions on how to setup your RS-485 data logger or PLC to receive data from Barani meteorological sensors.
Instructions on how to apply calibration values to the sensor output to achieve your required accuracy.
A sample wind speed calibration certificate from Windguard Germany, showing MEASNET accuracy levels & superb linearity of the MeteoWind 2 anemometer & wind vane sensor per MEASENT/IEC 61400-12-1:2005.
A sample 0-38 m/s wind speed calibration test certificate from Windguard Germany, showing full-scale linearity and accuracy levels of the MeteoWind 2 anemometer & wind vane sensor per ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
Lightning protection test certificate showing the high level of lightning protection integrated into our sensor electronics. Our sensors come standard with 3 levels of lightning protection to ensure reliable operation in heavy industrial environments or in strong electric storms. To ensure high levels of reliability during installation and to protect from damage by personnel, high level of ESD protection comes standard on all of BARANI sensors. Class A result for surge, EFT/burst, ESD per EN 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-4, EN 61000-4-5.