INDUSTRIAL TOUGHNESS AND PROVEN RELIABILITY
RS-485 INDUSTRIAL STANDARD OF RELIABILITY
ULTRA LOW POWER PERFORMANCE
All BARANI sensors use MODBUS protocol to communicate over their RS-485 communication interface.
OTHER AVAILABLE SENSOR OUTPUTS
- Pulse (Square Wave),
- RS-485 with MODBUS ASCII & RTU
- RS-422 with MODBUS ASCII & RTU
- RS-232 with MODBUS ASCII & RTU
RS-485 ADVANTAGES over SDI-12
- RS485 sensors are able to achieve much higher data throughput than SDI-12
- RS485 sensors are able to have strong lightning, transient and ESD protection
- Many RS485 sensors can easily be daisy chained together without communication interference and latency problems.
- RS485 sensors can implement industry standard and proven MODBUS protocol designed for robust communication in harsh environments.
- Today's RS485 sensors are able to achieve very low sub-milliampere (mA) power consumption which is critical for wireless weather stations, smart city applications, IoT and other sensor systems.
MODBUS ADVANTAGES over other protocols
- Proven reliability over decades of use in harsh industrial environments.
- Simple Request / Response architecture
- Built in data checks to eliminate false data packets. (Checksum)